Saturday, February 19, 2011

Color Wheel and Value Scale

This weeks assignment on the value scale and color wheel was different. I'm not an art student so I'm unfamiliar with these concepts. To that extent it was interesting. I watched the video on making the value scale and thought the process was very detailed. My attempt was not quite so detailed. It didn't take me long and the results probably show that. I still think it looks pretty good for my first attempt.
  
My results for the color wheel are similar. The worst part is I had to go to two stores to find the paint. I liked this little project the best. It made me feel more artistic. Mixing the colors was reminded me of doing water color painting with my daughter. I thought it was interesting that the colors used were not the primary colors I would have expected. I didn't know that red and blue are too dark to be primary colors.

No comments:

Post a Comment