Monday, February 28, 2011

Logo


I've finished my logo design and I'm happy with the end result. Since I'm not trying to sell a product or service, I settled on just taking my initials and trying to present them in a manner that I thought was interesting. I'm assuming since I like it, it must represents something about my personality.


I Started with my three initials and then paired that down to just my first and last names. I combined the two into one symbol and then set it on an angle to give it some sort of flow. I then experimented with various symbols around it and settled on an outline. When the two letters are outlined the result looks like a combination of various geometric shapes. The various shapes give it a look of order while also showing variety.



As for the colors, I settled on a simple black symbol with a red outline. I've always liked the combination of red and black, I think it makes a bold impression. I briefly experimented with adding additional colors but I didn't like the way it looked.


Finally, I added a little half arrow along the top. I think this gives the impression of speed and motion.
One of the things I found most interesting about this assignment was the film on the Digital Animations logo. I thought it was very interesting to see that with the elaborate process involved with creating the logo, the final product was such a simple design. Five red circles doesn't seem like much.

No comments:

Post a Comment