Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Drawing my Hands

For this weeks art making exercise I drew my hands. I’m right handed so I drew my left hand with my dominant right hand and drew my right hand with my not-so- dominant left hand. I chose to do the drawings in pencil for no other reason then I have plenty of pencils in the house. Drawing my own hands was not that big of a deal. I have a six year old daughter and for some reason small children love tracing and drawing hands. I have probably drawn my hands and her hands a couple hundred times in the last few years. The one thing that was different was trying to draw with my left hand. At first I naturally would pick the pencil up and start to draw with my right hand. I had to consciously focus and tell myself to use my left hand. The final result is not too bad. Although it was awkward using my left hand I don’t think the final result is that much worse than the drawing I made with my right hand. It did take a little longer, but other than that, no big deal. Just the same, I don’t think I’ll be using my left hand to draw in the future.



No comments:

Post a Comment